DoIT Employment Opportunities
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/doit/about/employmentopportunities/publishingimages/humanresources.png
Thank you for your interest in working for the Illinois Department of Innovation & Technology (DoIT).
DoIT offers employees opportunities to advance their careers, develop new skills and reach their potential, both personally and professionally. With a mission to deliver best-in-class innovation, DoIT empowers its employees to provide high-value, customer-centric technology in order to better serve client agencies, residents, businesses and visitors of Illinois.
Large data table content is loading...
|Position||County||Parent agency||Closing date|
PLEASE NOTE: Due to ongoing transformation, DoIT-designated IT positions may be posted at other agencies. If you wish to search for DoIT positions at other agencies, please go to the Employee Career Portal and select "Featured Jobs" from the top navigation menu. Select the category that fit your Interests.
There are many different job classifications defined by Central Management Services (CMS). DoIT has a variety of technical and professional staff positions, including Data Processing Technicians, Information Services Specialists, Information Systems Analyst, as well as positions involved with legal and administrative services.
- Data Processing Technician Trainee
- Data Processing Technician
- Data Processing Specialist
- Information Technology Trainee
- Information Services Specialist
- Information Systems Analyst
Note: Work for DoIT - IT Titles/Options
Please also feel free to complete this brief survey to let us know any and all titles or positions in which you are interested.
Hiring and Application Process
- The first step in application process is creating a candidate profile. To create an account, you will need to read and accept the data privacy statement. You are able to request to receive email notifications for postings that meet your interests.
- Upload a current resume, which is required for most positions to verify employment history.
- Once you have identified a position you would like to apply for, start by clicking the Apply Now button.
- Review the posting carefully and completely to ensure you are prepared to provide all information needed to apply.
- After clicking "Apply Now," the system will take you to your Candidate Profile to give you an opportunity to make any changes you wish to make before applying. If your Candidate Profile is accurate, click "Next" at the bottom right.
- Don't forget to upload a copy of your college transcript or diploma demonstrating educational achievement; unsubstantiated education will not be considered when evaluating qualifications.
- The first section of the application includes voluntary disclosure sections. We continually strive for a workforce that reflects the growing diversity within the state of Illinois. A variety of employee backgrounds, perspectives, ideas and experiences are crucial to our ability to most effectively serve the public. Please consider completing these voluntary disclosures. The State can utilize this high-level data to identify trends and improve recruitment strategies.
- Remember to complete the application questions with concise information by providing as much detail as possible.
- The Work For Illinois career site allows applicants to establish "Job Alerts" for keywords, counties, job titles, locations, zip codes, agencies, etc.
The benefits of working at DoIT includes a 37.5-hour work week, a generous salary, and many benefits, such as paid time off for vacation, illness, personal leave, and holidays. Additional benefits include pension and other retirement benefits, tuition reimbursement, and insurance eligibility on day one (medical, dental, vision, and life).
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce, DoIT welcomes and encourages applications from all persons regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, disability, age or gender. Also, DoIT and CMS recognize veterans' preference for individuals seeking employment in positions under the Personnel Code. Applicants in need of an accommodation should contact Vickie.Simpson@illinois.gov the Agency EEO/AA Officer.
Note: DoIT does not provide sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status). To be considered for permanent DoIT employment, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
For additional information regarding titles utilized by DoIT and/or the application process, please contact the DoIT Office of Human Resources at (217) 524-3648, or you may contact the CMS Bureau of Personnel/Examining at (217) 785-1985 or (312) 793-3565 to arrange a meeting with a counselor to discuss titles that may match with your education and experience.
We look forward to you joining the DoIT team!