Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) impact every aspect of our daily lives and this subject knows no boundaries across the world. With rapid changes in these areas transforming our workforce, it is critical that students understand the importance of STEAM course offerings and digital literacy opportunities through their educational endeavors. DoIT supports efforts of instilling innovation for STEAM in students beginning with our youngest learners in kindergarten through postsecondary education. DoIT has a vested interest in the development of a digitally literate workforce that cultivates creativity in all areas of STEAM.
DoIT's Magical Innovation & STEAM Tour
Step into a world of wonder and amazement with the Illinois Department of Innovation & Technology’s (DoIT) Magical Innovation & STEAM Tour, where innovation and STEAM will be center stage at the 2023 Illinois State Fair. Starting August 10th, attendees will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of fun and educational activities at the Governor’s Tent located at Brian Raney Avenue and Main Street, including:
- August 10-12: Learning Technology Center of Illinois will offer 3-D mini butter cow printing and Sphero Robotics.
- August 13: Hanson Professional Services will showcase a water resources and soil erosion exhibit.
- August 14: Illinois Century Network will offer an opportunity to explore the latest in virtual reality technology.
- August 15: Google Cloud will showcase generative AI and teachable machines.
- August 16: Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy will teach attendees how to program robots to dance.
- August 17: Ilinois Assistive Technology Program will explore assistive technology for individuals with disabiliites.
- August 18-19: Verizon will be on-site, providing an augmented reality display allowing visitors to experience the latest in immersive technology.
- August 20: The DoIT STEAM Team will host a STEAM festival of trivia.
DoIT is thrilled to offer these magnificent technology exhibits and demonstrations to spark learning and exploration across all ages at the fair. All of these activities are free with paid admission to the Illinois State Fair.