The Illinois Document Translation Portal (IDTP) is a web-based application which utilizes Google Machine Learning technology and allows agencies to quickly translate English documents into any of the top 6 most frequently used languages in Illinois. The portal accept most common document types and can perform translations in second.
- Securely stored in the State’s Google Cloud Environment
- Provides Machine Learning based translations utilizing Google’s Cloud Translate API
- Secure Login via OKTA
- Supports common regional languages:
- Supports most common document types:
Rates and Billing
Free to use until December 2021. Starting January 2022, agencies will be billed based on usage. Billing details to be determined.
Ordering and Provisioning
Service can be procured, modified or cancelled by selecting the "Order Services" button near the top of the right pane.
- Incident resolution
- Routine maintenance
- Access request fulfillment
- Training Materials
- Develop and implement agency governance to ensure staff compliance with DoIT incident reporting and request requirements
- Ensure that Document Translations services are not used for personal use or matters that do not pertain to official business needs
- Do not share copyrighted and protected information without required approvals
- Use caution translating sensitive information such as:
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Confidential Information
- Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Payment Card Industry (PCI)
- Federal Tax Information (FTI)
- Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS)
Service Levels and Metrics
Staff will respond to service requests during the published business hours. DoIT targets to provision this service within 2 days.
Incident Response and Resolution
All incidents reported to DoIT will be captured in the DoIT service management ticketing system and addressed according to the Incident Management Guidelines.
To report an incident, click here Report Problems Form or contact the DoIT Service Desk at 217-524-3648 (Springfield) or 312-814-3648 (Chicago).
This service will be available 24/7 excluding planned outages, maintenance windows and unavoidable events.